IGG GUIDE Choice Challenge: OUTDOORS ADVENTURE 04
Find out about Irish Water Safety and what they do and understand the care needed to prevent accidents (Water Safety Scenarios)
Irish Water Safety
See Journey planner page 118
This activity will teach your Guides the care that is needed to prevent accidents happening around water.
Provide the Guides with the attached information on Water Safety.
Give each Patrol a water safety scenario to act out:
1. You are on the beach 200m from the flags. You want to swim now because you are hot. Where should you swim?
Home water safety:
2. You and your 16 year old sister are babysitting you 3 year old cousin. You have been asked to give the child a bath before bed. What do you need to do to ensure safety?
3. A boy has fallen into the river which is very cold and has a strong current. What do you do?
Farm water safety:
4. What are the types of water hazards on a farm? How would you protect a child from these?
Discuss the importance of water safety, what the Guides have learnt and what would they do differently as a result to keep themselves and others safe around water.
- accident scenario
- Farm Safety
- safety in the home
- Water safety
- water safety, prevention, accidents, safety in the home, farm
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements