To Learn how to cross the road safely. Can be used in conjunction with materials issued by Safety Street or other local safety organisation. Taken from the BB Anchors Pro Pack C-19
What is the purpose of the Green Cross Code? To get us safely across the road. It tells us to:
The following are safe ways at crossing the road. Fill the gaps with the words below.
1. _______________ crossing (zebra)
2. With the _______________ man or lady. (lollipop)
3. A _______________ way. (sub)
4. Traffic _______________. (lights)
5. With the _______________. (policeman)
• Photocopy the ‘spot the dangers’ template.
• Highlight the dangers on the template. Boys could also colour in the picture.
• There are 13 dangers in the picture.
1. Boy crossing road without looking.
2. Boy playing football in the road.
3. Van door open.
4. Wooden planks resting against side of van.
5. Cyclist waving to a friend.
6. Car on zebra crossing while boy is crossing.
7. Man driving car, taking hands off wheel.
8. Dog not on a lead.
9. Broken garden wall.
10. Man walking straight in front of lorry.
11. Boy walking behind lollipop man.
12. Man unloading van in the middle of the road.
13. Man walking across road reading newspaper
see BB Anchors pro pack C19