IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Healthy Friendship Option 01
Explore the meaning of friendship. Recognise the qualities that make you a good friend (A Friend is…)
To have a deeper understanding of friendship and how to conduct respectful relationships with others.
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
This activity will help the Guides explore the meaning of friendship
• Give a copy of “A Friend is…” to each Guide and ask them to complete it by themselves.
• When most Guides are finished, divide them into small groups or Patrols and ask them to compare their results with the group, and to agree on the three most important statements for the group.
Discuss their choices and the reasons for them:
1. How important is…? Why?
2. Is there any other quality more important? Why?
3. What is a friend?
4. What makes one person a ‘better’ friend than another?
5. What is the difference between a ‘friend’ and someone you just know?
- friendship game
- good friend
- Healthy Friendship
- Interest Badge , Ladybird Healthy Friendship, polite society
- Trefoil News
- Trefoil News Autumn 2016
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements