IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Healthy Mind Option 02
Give Positive affirmations to others in your Unit and accept them in return
1 large sheet of flip chart or other paper per person
1 marker per
To develop and practice having a positive mental attitude
This Badge has 7 options of which 7 must be completed
To provide an opportunity to offer something positive to others and accept something positive in return.
• Ask everyone to write their name clearly in the middle of the sheet and lay their sheet name side up on the floor.
• The Leader could also participate in this exercise and should have a sheet too.
• When this has been done ask each person to go around the room from sheet to sheet and write something positive on each about the person named on the sheet. Stress that it should be a positive contribution.
• Encourage the Guides to write their comment and move from sheet to sheet rather than reading what others have written.
• Each person should write on every sheet
• When everyone has written on each sheet the owners should claim back their sheet and then allow some time to spend reading them.
• Ask each person to share one of the acknowledgements that they like in particular.
• Ask how it felt to say something positive about other people and how it felt to read positive things about themselves.
- Healthy mind
- interest badge
- mental health
- positive affirmations
- self confidence
- self esteem
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements