Celebrate an International Cultural Festival
Three Coloured Beads
Three Strands of Wool
To develop an awareness and appreciation of cultures other than your own
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
Introduction International Craft – from Trinidad and Tobago
The Hosay Festival is celebrated in Trinidad and Tobago.
It is a solemn festival but with a lot of merrymaking.
People dress up in colourful clothes and braid their hair.
• Brownies plait their wool leaving a loop at the top and about two inches at the end.
• Tie off the plait with a knot at the end.
• Then thread on the beads.
• Secure again with another knot (or two).
• Loop the hair grip/clip through the loop at the top and you have a lovely hair decoration.