IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Cultural Diversity Option 05
Celebrate an International Cultural Festival (International Craft Trinidad And Tobago)
Three Coloured Beads
Three Strands of Wool
To develop an awareness and appreciation of cultures other than your own
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
Introduction International Craft – from Trinidad and Tobago
The Hosay Festival is celebrated in Trinidad and Tobago.
It is a solemn festival but with a lot of merrymaking.
People dress up in colourful clothes and braid their hair.
• Brownies plait their wool leaving a loop at the top and about two inches at the end.
• Tie off the plait with a knot at the end.
• Then thread on the beads.
• Secure again with another knot (or two).
• Loop the hair grip/clip through the loop at the top and you have a lovely hair decoration.
- craft activity
- cultural awareness
- IGG Interest Badge Brownie Cultural Diversity
- international cultural festival
- Trefoil News Summer 2018
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements