Recognize and appreciate differences in others and identify ways to treat people with respect (friendship supermarket)
Supermarket Price list (see overleaf)
Aim of Badge
To have a deeper understanding of how to be a good friend
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
• Give out a copy of the Supermarket Price List worksheet to each Brownie – see over - (or you may wish to give it just to each Six as a group, depending on the size and age profile of your Pack).
• Tell them that they are getting the chance to ‘buy’ their ideal friend – but they only have €10 to spend!
• Tell them that at the end of the time allowed, they will be asked to show that they got a good value friend for their €10.
• Give some time for the Brownies to make their decisions, and then bring the group back together. Discuss how:
• friendship doesn’t have to cost very much
• often the little things that friends say to and do for each other cost little or nothing, and are the most valuable.