IGG GUIDE Choice Challenge: LIFESKILLS ADVENTURE 05
Help arrange a session of active games/keep fit exercises for your Unit (Mini Olympics Games)
Cotton wool balls
Table tennis balls
Sheets of paper
Introduction This activity will introduce some of the events of the Olympics while the Guides enjoy taking part in a mini fun Olympics
The quantity of equipment will depend on the number of teams/Patrols taking part.
1. Give list of the events (see overleaf) to each Patrol Leader and instruct them to choose participants for each one.
2. Ask each team/Patrol to choose a name.
3. Make a paper flag.
4. Compose cheers or songs to use at presentation ceremonies. (This can be prepared the week before the event).
5. Make medals e.g. decorated cardboard discs with wool to tie around the neck.
6. Organise stewards, score keepers, judges and someone to present the medals.
7. Have fun.
- choice challenge
- healthy body
- keep fit
- Life skills
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements