IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Disability Awareness Option 01
Investigate at least 3 different types of disabilities e.g. intellectual, physical, sensory, emotional and mental health, developmental and autistic spectrum
Copy of Emotional and Mental Health per Patrol
Aim of Badge To provide an insight into various disabilities
This Badge has 6 options of which 6 must be completed
• Give each Patrol a copy of the sheet overleaf to read and discuss in Patrol time and afterwards as a Unit.
• Consider how a person’s life can be affected by these.
• Ask if they know any organisations in Ireland that help people with anxiety/panic?
• In the Unit discuss ways of easing general anxiety disorder symptoms:
Regular exercise, particularly aerobic exercise, will help you to combat stress and release tension. It also encourages your brain to release the chemical serotonin, which can improve your mood. Aim to do a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate exercise, at least five days a week. Moderate exercise should make you feel slightly out of breath and tired. Going for a brisk walk is a good example.
As well as getting regular exercise, learning how to relax is important. You may find relaxation and breathing exercises helpful, or you may prefer activities such as yoga or Pilates to help you unwind.
Changing your diet may help ease your symptoms. Too much caffeine can make you more anxious than normal. This is because caffeine can disrupt your sleep and also speed up your heartbeat. If you are tired, you are less likely to be able to control your anxious feelings.
- Disability Awareness
- Disability Awareness, hearing, charity, global challenge, deaf, sign language
- equality, inequality, racism, sexism, intercultural, disability
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements