Aim: to learn about the fruit of the spirit and to put into practice each fruit in our attitude and in our behaviour. Taken from the BB Junior Pro Pack Spirit S-2-6
Large pieces of card
Crayons/Felt tip pens
Activity 1 - BB And The Fruit
To think about the practical application of the fruit of the spirit at BB.
Write the fruits on individual cards.
Sometimes, when we think about SB and the games and sports that we play, the first thing that we think about is winning and being the best. However, there are nine fruits of the spirit that we need to learn about and develop while we are part of BB.
The fruits of the Spirit as seen in Galatians 5:22-23 are, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”
• We need to think about our friends at BB and we need to LOVE them all. They are our friends and we spend a lot of time together.
• We will always be happy to come to SB and be full of excitement and JOY as we play games, do craft and learn more about God.
• We will behave well with our leaders and our group will be a place of PEACE where there is no fighting or any arguments.
• We are PATIENT and happy to wait until it is our turn to play or to run in a team game.
• We look after each other and respond to each other with KINDNESS and are always ready to help others out
• We do our best to be GOOD to each other and we are not mean. We help each other and are happy for others when they do well.
• We need to show FAITHFULNESS to our company and realise that we are part of a group, part of a team that needs us so we must make an effort to be there each week and to get involved.
• If we are upset about something we must not respond with anger, because God calls us to respond with GENTLENESS and respect
• We must all show SELF-CONTROL this means not losing our temper when we don’t win or we think something is unfair. We will talk about it with our leaders,
Have each one of the fruits on a card and ask the children to stand by one that they think is difficult Is it difficult always to keep our temper?
Activity 2 - Fruit Of The Spirit Tree
To remember the fruits of the spirit and draw them onto the tree and colour it.
Prepare craft table.
• Get all the children sitting down at the table.
• Give each child a piece of AS paper.
• Ask them to draw a tree with nine large apples or nine different types of fruit
• Can they remember the nine fruits of the Spirit we mentioned in activity 1?
• They need to write them in the apples/fruits on the tree.
• They can work together on the ones that they cant remember.
Activity 3 - To Make A Fruit Salad Hangman
To remind the children of each of the nine fruits
• Sit the children down at the table or have them lying on the floor.
• Ask each child to draw a large piece of fruit on the card and colour it in
• On the back ask the child to draw the number of dashes equal to the number of letters in one of the fruits of the spirit e.g. could be kindness.
• Play hangman with each fruit
• Once the word is complete hang the fruit from the ceiling or wall if appropriate
For full details see the BB Juniors Pro Pack S2-6