A small style Mini Olympics for all sixes to take part in.
Balls, Cones, Rope, Whistle, Stopwatch, Measuring Tape.
Name each six after a different country.
Present the winning six with medals.
1. Take part in an appropriate warm-up and warm-down routine, led by a suitable person (eg adult, Young Leader or Scout), using all the main muscle groups. For example: skipping, running on the spot, stretching both arms high above the head and then relaxing down, bending the knees and dropping the head, rolling the head slowly around, tensing and relaxing the shoulders
2. Explain the most appropriate clothing to wear and how to be safe when taking part in athletic activities.
3. Take part in one of these throwing activities:
o Throw a tennis or cricket ball, both over arm and under arm, as far you can
o Throw three bean bags into a bucket, increasing the distance each time
o Throw a football-sized ball, using a chest push and overhead throw, as far as you can.
4. Take part in two of the following running activities, trying your best:
o Shuttle run 6 X 10m
o 50m skip with a rope
o 50m sprint
o 25m sack race
o 25m egg and spoon race
o 400m run.
5. Take part in one of the following team activities:
o 4 x 100m relay
o Team assault course
o Assisted blindfold race
6. Take part in one of the following jumps, going as far or as high as you can:
o Sargent jump
o Standing jump
o High jump
o Long jump
- fitness Challenge
- Fitness - Improvements over 2wks
- Fitness - New sport