Aim: To allow children to express creativity in decorating a caterpillar model. This activity could be split over two weeks. Taken from the BB Anchors Pro Pack CR-10
• Empty egg carton
• Pipe cleaner
• Coloured paints
• Paintbrushes and poster paint
• Cut the lid off the egg carton. Cut the bottom of the carton in half lengthways.
• Cut three or six strips of card, depending on whether the egg carton is a 6 or 12 sized container.
• Glue each strip to the underside of the egg carton (see diagram). Each strip resembles two of the caterpillar’s legs. Bend these on each side of the carton to give your caterpillar a bit of elevation.
• Decorate the outside of the carton with paints or pens. Alternatively, you may wish to cover the carton with glue and then decorate with fake fur or other suitable material.
• Attach two pieces of pipe cleaner to one end of the carton to act as the caterpillar’s antennae. Draw a face on the caterpillar. Sticky paper could be used to make the eyes.
For full details see the BB Anchors Pro Pack CR10