Challenge: Create a delicious fruit based smoothie. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 36
• Fruit (bananas kiwis, oranges, strawberries etc)
• Ice cubes
• Ice cream
• Create your own smoothie and have a blind taste test to determine the winner.
• For a basic smoothie, use 112 to 1 cup fruit, 1 cup plain or fruit yogurt, 112 cup fruit juice, about 4 ice cubes.
• Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process on high until the ice is completely crushed and the drink is smooth and creamy.
Tips / Advice:
• To make fresh fruit smoothies, use just one fruit or a few kinds of fruit that go well together, such as strawberries and bananas, pineapples and oranges, peaches and berries, etc.
• Yogurt used in a smoothie can be plain, vanilla or with fruit.
• There’s no need to add ice cubes when making smoothies with frozen fruit. If you have bananas that are becoming over ripe, freeze them to use in smoothies. With frozen bananas you can also have cold, frosty smoothies without adding ice cubes.
• Try adding fruit juice.
• The blender used to make smoothies can be a basic blender, with just a high and low setting, or a deluxe multi speed model, as long as it’s powerful enough to crush ice cubes.
• Use the recipes provided on the “Smooth Operator” template to create a smoothie.
Safety Issues / Risk Assessment:
• When using the blender be careful that the contents do not overflow.
• Be careful when using kitchen apparatus.
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 36