Getting to know each other
Get to know new Cubs - Highlight the fact that everyone, while different, will have something in common with someone else.
1. Everyone moves around the room
2. The leader calls out a grouping, such as:
Share an initial
Share eye colour
Birthday in same month
Favourite music band
Nationality of parents
3. Cub Scouts form in the groupings and try to get into as many different groupings as they can.
4. Chat afterwards about whether any of the groupings were helpful – how would they feel if they were excluded from a group that they really wanted to be in or got left out altogether?
- cultural awareness
- Indoor and Outdoor activity
- Membership - People