50 Beach Olympics
Challenge: Create a mini beach Olympic games. taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 50
With 2020 fast approaching create your own Olympics on the beach.
• Decide what events you would like to do. Below are some ideas
— Long jump
— Long distance run
— Frisbee throw
— Football dribble
— Beach cricket
— Beach volleyball
— Sand castles
— Sand sculptures
— Ball run (using only sand see how far or with how much style you can get a ball to roll e.g. loop the loop)
— Jaws relax race (run, jump or hop with inflated sharks between legs)
— Beach hula-hoop (longest time wins)
— Ripped out beach relay (wearing flippers and a snorkel mask, relay your team across the sand)
— Bucket brigade (using small buckets full of holes fill with sea water a larger bucket)
— Tug of war
• Think about what equipment you will need and how you will get it to the beach.
• Get into teams and devise team names.
• Let the competition begin
Tips / Advice:
Get every member of your team to wear the same coloured clothes or better still same coloured bandanas to look the part.
Safety Issues / Risk Assessment:
• Only swim in the sea if there is appropriately qualified supervision.
• Don’t play on sand dunes
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 50
- challenge Plus
- Olympic Challenge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements