64 Charity Night
Challenge: Take part in one overnight event for a Charity. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 64
• Sleeping bag
• Clean clothes
• Food & drink
The purpose of this challenge is for you to take pan in one overnight event that will benefit a Charity. The choice of the event is yours — there may be one being held in your local community, or you could arrange one yourself. Whatever you choose the real purpose is to help / support a charity. This might be an ideal fundraising opportunity for the charity.
• What are you going to spend your time doing?
• How is it going to benefit the charity?
• What are you going to get out of it and learn?
Tips / Advice:
• Ensure that you abide by all Boys’ Brigade Holiday Leadership regulations.
• You will need to make sure that if you are arranging your own overnight event’ that you have secured a suitable location, that you have booked the location if required, that you publicise the event and if it is for fundraising then keep careful records of money received / donated.
• Once all the money has been received you must send it off to the charity.
Safety Issues / Risk Assessment:
If you are using your own church premises for this challenge then you should inform your local police in case they see lights on overnight — it will save them thinking someone has broken in!!
for full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 64
- challenge Plus
- charity Fundraising
- Nights out
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements