Recognise and appreciate differences in others and identify ways to treat people with respect (Time Capsule)
Box or bottle to use as Time Capsule
This activity works well at the beginning of the guiding year in September and repeated again at end of the guiding year.
• Give each Brownie the Time Capsule questionnaire (see overleaf)
• Ask the Brownies to fill out the questionnaire answering questions such as their favorite colour, book, tv show, animal, band, etc.
• Encourage the Sixers to help the new recruits complete theirs
• Once completed, Brownies fold questionnaire and place it in a watertight box called the Brownie time capsule.
• In May have the Brownies complete the same questions, then open the one from September and compare their answers.
• To much of their surprise many things will have changed over the course of eight months, they even notice a change in their handwriting.