Challenge: Plan and complete a bike ride. Taken from the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 75
• Cycle maintenance kit
• Transport to the start of the route
A bike ride along a recognised path is a great way to explore an area.
• Go to www.sustrans.org.uk and look at the “Easy Rides” section.
• Look for paths that are traffic free, particularly if you do not have much experience.
• Plan your route.
• Work out how you are going to get to the start of the route.
• Decide what food, refreshments and other kit you will need.
• Start cycling
Tips / Advice:
• www.sustrans.org.uk provides lots of information on safe routes, free maps, safety issues and information on where equipment can be hired
• There are also numerous sponsored bike riding events that you could take part in. Look out for more information.
Safety Issues I Risk Assessment:
• Ensure that you abide by traffic regulations and have appropriate training and knowledge to cycle safely.
• Always wear a helmet, even if it does mess up your hair.
For full details see the BB Seniors Challenge Plus Pro Pack, Challenge 75