TEAMBUILDING - Blind Count Off
Get the group to stand in a circle, with everybody facing the outside of the circle with their backs to each other. Now as a team they have to count as high as they can out loud with only one person saying a number at a time. This is a guessing game that focuses on listening skills and strategy.
Equipment Required: None
Space Required: Small. Indoors or outdoors.
Group Size: 5 to 40 depending on the size of the area used.
Total Time: 15 minutes
1 minute to brief and set up
10 minutes to achieve outcome
4 minutes to review
• Arrange group members in a circle.
• Get the group members to turn around so that their back is facing the middle of the circle.
• Tell group members to count as high as they possibly can out loud with only one person saying a number at a time.
• There can be no planning and everyone must speak once before someone can say another number.
• If two people say the same number at the same time or a number is said twice, the group must start over again.
Vary the challenge by setting a specific number to count to or down from, or even get them to name something relating topics such as chocolate bars or even Football teams, scout laws, knots etc.
[Edit: another variation might be to stick with numbers but allow each speaker to say any number from the range - so participants must keep track of both who has spoken and which numbers remain!)
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements