Examine different ways of reducing your family’s carbon footprint. (Carbon Footprint+Our Climate )
Copy of Carbon Footprint worksheet (see overleaf) per Brownie
Copy of Climate change pictures and statements (see overleaf)
Family Carbon Footprint
Give each Brownie a copy of the Carbon Footprint Worksheet to complete at home.
The following week use their results and the activity below to aid your discussion about what they can do to help the environment.
How Can We Stop Our Climate from Changing So Quickly?
• Photocopy and cut out the pictures and statements
• Give a set of pictures to each group
• Brownies to describe each picture and discuss how this can help slow down climate change
• Give each group a set of statements
• Brownies to read the statements and to match them with the correct picture
• Ask Brownies to rank the pictures, putting the best solution at the top and the least effective solution at the bottom
Note: There is no correct order to the pictures. This activity is to allow Brownies participate in democratic discussion.
Also Champion Energy Services .com
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes 3 pages