Explain what the film classifications are and why they are used. Explain the role of IFCO.
Classification list (see overleaf)
• Gather the girls in a circle
• Explain the different classifications of films attached
• Explain the role IFCO:
IFCO, a statutory body first established in 1923, is responsible for examining and certifying all cinema films and videos/DVDs distributed in Ireland.
Their aim is to provide the public and parents in particular with a modern and dependable system of classification that:
protects children and young persons
has regard for freedom of expression
has respect for the values of Irish society
• Keeping the classifications as one strip, cut the information overleaf into separate cards
• Give each Patrol a full set of cards
• Guides to match the cards under the correct headings
Acknowledgement/Source: Trefoil News Winter 2016
Attachments/Template needed for activity?Yes