Attend an exhibition. Describe your favourite piece and who the artist is.
1. Leader explains the following:
• Is the knowledge and understanding of the universal and timeless qualities that identify all great art.
• The more you appreciate and understand the art of different eras, movements, styles and techniques, the better you can develop, evaluate and improve your own artwork.
Visual Arts definition- the arts created primarily for visual perception, as drawing, graphics, painting, sculpture, and the decorative arts.
• Pick a local art Gallery to visit
• Organize a day trip for the guides to visit a local art gallery and complete a simple questionnaire (example attached).
• If possible take a photo of ‘favourite piece’.
Book: 13 Artists Children should know (Prestel)
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes – one page.