IGG Interest Badge Ladybird Environmental Awareness Option 1
Play games to identify ways of reducing energy and water use in the home (True-False running game)
True and False signs
• Put a sign marked “TRUE” on the wall on one side of the hall and a sign marked “FALSE” on the other side.
• Ladybirds stand in the middle of the hall.
• Leader calls out the statements below and Ladybirds run to the appropriate side of the hall.
• I can save water by watering the plants with a hose rather than a watering can (F)
• I can save energy by switching off the lights when I leave a room (T)
• Recycling paper is bad for the environment (F)
• I can save energy by walking to school rather than driving (T)
• I can save energy by watching TV instead of playing outside (F)
• Having a bath uses more water than having a shower (T)
• Taking public transport uses less energy than going by car (T)
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No
- interest badge
- reducing water /Energy
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements