Make a Rainbow
Liquid dish soap
Q-tips (Cotton Buds)
Aim of Badge
To encourage an interest in science
Complete 4 of the following options to earn the badge. For every further 4 options completed, you may gain another badge.
• To set up for this activity, assemble food colouring, a small bowl of liquid dish soap, and some Q-tips then pour a thin layer of the whole milk in a shallow dish.
• To begin, squeeze droplets of the food colouring on the surface of the milk. One colour or several colours.
• Next, dip a Q-tip in the dish soap and then in the milk, preferably in the centre of a spot of food colouring.
• Watch the colours explode all over as the detergent interacts with the fat molecules in the whole milk!
• Repeat steps 2 and 3 as often as you like until you end up with muddy milk
Attachments/Template needed for activity?