Recognise and appreciate differences in others, and identify ways to treat people respect (Respectful or Disrespectful)
Cards (see overleaf)
Aim of Badge To have a deeper understanding of how to be a good friend
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
The following is a good opening activity to use with the other activities under this heading on OGM
Instructions Respectful and Disrespectful
• Print “respectful and disrespectful” cards (see overleaf)
• Place cards on opposite walls
• Ask Brownies to stand in a straight line in the middle of the room
• Leader explains she will read out scenarios some will be respectful and others disrespectful.
• Each Brownie must decide if the scenario is respectful or disrespectful and run to the appropriate wall
1. A classmate pushes you out of the line and takes your place.
2. You raise your hand to answer a question, and everyone listens quietly while you talk
3. A friend borrows one of your toys and will not return it
4. You’re working in your Six. You tell the other Brownies your idea and someone says, “That’s dumb”
5. A friend says “excuse me” when she need to go around you to reach something
6. Another girl teases you about your new haircut.
7. Brown Owl ask you to work in pairs to colour in a picture but your partner ignores you when you ask her to pass the crayons
8. A friend saves your place in the line while you help another Brownie tidy up
9. Another Brownie takes time to help you complete your craft
10. You tell a school friend a secret and she tells it to a few others