IGG GUIDE Choice Challenge: GUIDING ADVENTURE 10
Help plan and run an event for your Guide Unit (develop new games)
Activity sheet for each patrol
Frisbees or paper plates
Flags or Necker’s
It is important for Guides to plan their own games.
This activity will allow your Guides to develop skills such as time management, leadership, budgeting and team work.
1. Use the table on the next page to devise a game.
2. Each patrol is given a copy of the attachedsheet.
3. Roll the dice for each category down the left hand side
4. Circle the relevant theme based on the number you roll on the dice.
• Game objective, if you roll a 5, then the game will be a pretend game.
• Type of activity, if you roll a 3 the game will be a jumping game.
• You add these together to make a pretend jumping game
• Continue until you have rolled the dice for each category and then build the game
• Each patrol practice their game and then teach it to the rest of the Guides
Discuss how difficult it was to come up with a game and whether it was difficult to teach it to others.
Patrol leader weekend plan 2016/2017
- choice challenge
- teach games
- teamwork activity
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements