Father’s Day Craft (My Dad Rocks Paper-weight)
Medium to Large stone
On average this activity will need to be completed over two meetings to allow drying time
• Make sure your rocks are clean and dry before you start. This will ensure your paint adheres to the stone.
• Set the Ladybirds up with a bucket of soapy water and some old toothbrushes, and let them scrub their stones clean.
• Ask Each Ladybird to choose a base-colour for her rock.
• Give each Ladybird a paint brush and the colour she has chosen.
• When the rocks dry, ask the Ladybirds to select colours for their detail painting.
• Continue until each Ladybird has added as many colours as she pleases, and she announces that she’s finished.
• When the finished rocks are completely dry, give them a coat or two of craft varnish/sealer. This makes the paint colours pop!