Kit for Camp
Learn what they should be bringing to camp and how to pack it.
Selection of appropriate items (including red herrings) - don't forget first aid requiremtns for camp versus one-day trip out
1. Items are laid out on a table.
2. Items will include most of the items on the camp kit list
3. Ensure some items are missing (e.g. torch with no batteries/mess kit with no cutlery)
4. Add some red herrings (e.g. hair straighteners/smart clothes/air bed)
5. Ask the cubs to list the items they wouldn't take to camp and explain why.
6. Ask the cubs to suggest items which are missing
7. Discuss the best way to pack the bag
8. Discuss the differences between the contents of a camping trip bag versus a one-day expedition to the countryside
- Adventure - Preparation