IGG EXPLORE: Compulsory Challenge 08 CHANGE
Discuss how we can show good teamwork. Show examples of sharing, taking turns and compromise (untangle the knot)
This activity helps new Brownies to understand how to co-operate with others.
UNTANGLE THE KNOT
• Brownies stand in a circle
• Leader asks everyone to close their eyes and put their hand out in front of themselves.
• Brownies move forward into the centre of the circle reaching and catch two hands they find, which must belong to two different people. (Leaders will need to help ensure this)
• When they are holding two hands they open their eyes and find hands intertwined
• Leader explains they must now try to undo the knot which has formed and create one large circle or a few smaller circles without letting go of each other’s hands or breaking the link.
Game continues until the knot has been untangled.
NOTE TO LEADER: Sometimes it is not possible to create a circle or circles as a smaller knot that is impossible to undo may form.
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
- teamwork activity
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements