IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Money Matters Option 4
Plan a simple meal. Work out how much it would cost to buy the ingredients.
Cards with Food Produce Names and Prices
Information on SDGs’
Aim of Badge
To learn how to be responsible with money
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
• After discussing the SDGs, divide the girls into Sixes and give each group, the following statement on a piece of Card.
• “More than 30 per cent of children in developing countries – about 600 million – live on less than US $1 a day”
• Please convert the US $1 into currency girls understand e.g. = approx. 69cent depending on the currency value when you are doing this activity.
• Also, give them a card with the current/lowest price for the following food items: Milk, Bread, Rice, Pasta, Cereal, Meat, Vegetables etc.
• Ask the girls to have a chat among them to see what food they could buy for a week for that amount of money.
• After a few minutes bring them back together into types of greetings without words e.g. a kiss, handshake.
IGG GAT Resource Pack
Attachments/Template needed for activity
- budget planning
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements