IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Healthy Friendship Option 03
Discuss how we can show good teamwork, show examples of sharing, taking turns and compromise (diversity thermometer)
A number of statements (see overleaf for examples)
Aim of Badge:
To have a deeper understanding of how to be a good friend
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
Draw a thermometer on the wallpaper. If you want to make it as realistic as possible; make it both blue and red, but otherwise a line markings 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is sufficient.
Number 1 stands for “I totally disagree”, number 6 for
“I agree totally” and the numbers in between represent degrees of agreement or disagreement.
• Leader reads aloud the statements one at a time
• Brownies to go to the place along the thermometer which corresponds best with their opinion.
• They must go to a distinct number, not stand between numbers
• After each statement, let one or more of the girls explain what they think.
• At first it is enough that only one girl gives her opinion
• When more difficult statements are dealt with, let there be a sincere discussion.
NOTE TO LEADER: Start with easy, more general statements, saving the most difficult ones until last; the ones to which not even you know the answer. The reason for this is that the participants need to get used to the method before you force them to state their opinion on more complicated matters. Statements may be changed to suit the age group of the girls taking part e.g. I prefer cats to dogs.
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes
- Healthy Friendship
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements