IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Healthy Body Option 04
Know what immunisations and vaccinations you have received and what others might be desirable
Nets Save Lives
The aim of this game is to show how a simple net can stop Malaria
Malaria is transmitted to humans by mosquitoes. The time most people get bitten is at night time. It is important to sleep under an insecticide-treated sleeping net that mosquitoes cannot get through.
We do not have malaria-carrying mosquitoes in Ireland as they like to live in hot countries.
• Put up netting – a real mosquito net if you can get one or just window nets- over a section of the room
• Choose one or two girls to be malaria-carrying mosquitoes
• tell everyone else to avoid being caught/bitten.
• Play the game as a normal game of tag, in which everyone who is tagged is out
• Every now and then during the game call out “Bed Time”
• At this everyone has to get behind the mosquito net, and the last person to reach the net is out
• Play until only one is left- she is the winner. Play the game a few more times to give others a chance to be mosquitoes
IGG GAT Resource Pack
Attachments/Template needed for activity:
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements