IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Cultural Diversity option 02
Explore young people’s values and attitudes to diversity.
Copies of the “If it was … our world!” (see overleaf)
Aim of Badge To develop an awareness and appreciation of cultures other than your own
This Badge has 6 options of which 6 must be completed
If It Was …..Our World!
• Photocopy the worksheet overleaf for each team
• Divide the girls into teams of 4-6.
• Explain that they have landed on a deserted island and they get to create the type of world they live in. They have lots of things to think about.
• Hand each team a copy of the worksheet and a pen and give them around 10-15 minutes to answer all the questions. Go around to each team while they are brainstorming to check how they are getting on.
• Get the teams to feedback about the ‘world’ they have created.
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
Template needed: Yes
- cultural diversity
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements