IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Healthy Friendship Option 01
Explore the meaning of friendship. Recognise the qualities that make you a good friend.(sticker game)
A selection of different shapes
Aim of Badge
To have a deeper understanding of friendship and how to conduct respectful relationships with others.
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
This activity will help the Guides explore the meaning of friendship
• Girls form a circle. The Leader asks the girls to follow 2 rules for a little while: to close their eyes and to keep silent.
• Then the Leader starts to put stickers on the forehead of everygirl except one/two
• The Leader explains that, in a few seconds, girls will be able to open their eyes and carry out the following activity. ‘to make teams without talking’.
• Once the Leader considers that the teams are formed, the girls sit down and reflect on the experience.
• What is normal is for the girls to join a team according to their sticker’s colour/shape.
Debriefing and Evaluation:
Sit down and discuss what happened. Explain that they were simply told to form teams but not how to do it. Why is it that we seem instinctively to join those who are like us and exclude those who are not? What criteria did you use to join the team?
1. Why did you join by colours/shapes?
2. What was your reaction? Did you have an active role or did you wait to see what the others wanted to do?
3. How did you know the colour/shape of your sticker? How do people build their identity?
4. How did it feel to meet someone having the same colour as you? Did you cooperate in making teams?
5. What teams do you belong to in day to day life? (Guides, school, family, sports club...)
6. Can anyone be a member of those teams?
7. Who in our society has no sticker?
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
- Healthy Friendship
- interest badge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements