Take part in team building games and understand the benefits of working as a team (ski walk)
• Two strips of cardboard or two strips of cloth cut from an old sheet about 6 inches wide and 6 foot long with a length of cord attached to the end of each ski if out of cardboard, per team. (These are called “skis”)
Through this game and activity Guides will learn the benefits of
working as a team
PREPARATION: Attach the cord to the cardboard skis
• Divide the girls into teams of 5-6.
• Two skis are laid on the floor in front of each team.
• One girl is picked to go in front of the team to hold the two cords or the front of the cloth. The rest of the girls line up with one foot on each ski.
• The object is for the team to synchronise movement so that they can move forward across the room on the ‘skis’.
• To add variety, make an obstacle course and get the teams to manoeuvre their way around it.
NOTE TO LEADER: Alternatively you can make giant team skis from wood and rope.
IGG Outreach Pack 2008