Take part in activities which give an understanding of how to deal with peer pressure. (who influences my ideas)
Pieces of paper
This will help Guides recognise that they are subject to peer pressure every day and recognise that there is both positive and negative peer pressure.
Who Influences My Ideas?
Before Meeting Leader prepares a sample sheet, with her name in a circle in the centre and then she writes some of the people and things that influence her around this circle to use as an example for the activity
• Give each girl a piece of paper.
• Divide the Group into pairs or Patrols
• Ask them to consider who influences their ideas and opinions.
• In the middle of the piece of paper they draw a circle and write their names in this circle.
• They write the people and things that most influence their ideas and opinions close to the circle
• All other people and things that influence them further away from the circle. They discuss this with their partner or Patrol
• When this is complete have a Unit discussion about this topic
Discuss ‘Who or what is most important in influencing your ideas?
NOTE TO LEADER: Examples of things that can influence the girl’s opinions include friends, family, especially parents, television, newspapers, etc.
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
Template needed: no