IGG Senior Branch GLOBAL AWARENESS Choice Challenge 20
Challenge the perceptions you have about people from different cultures, countries or religions.
Copies of the worksheets overleaf, (one for each team of 4-6 girls and 1 worksheet for the Leader),
a freezer/Ziploc bag for each team
PREPARATION: Cut up each photocopied worksheet into 30 pieces and put in a freezer/Ziploc bag
• Divide the girls into teams of between 4-6.
• Give each team a freezer/Ziploc bag containing all the pieces.
• Explain that they have to decide which symbol and set of 4 facts match each religion.
• After approximately 10 minutes bring the Group back together and discuss their answers. Tell the girls the right answers.
Debriefing & evaluation:
• Ask the girls how they found the activity
• Was it difficult?
• Do they feel they know more information about other religions now?
• Ask them to share with the Group one thing they have learned by taking part in the activity?
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
- global awareness
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements