IGG Senior Branch GLOBAL AWARENESS Choice Challenge 09
Make a craft from another country that you would display at home/send to a friend.
Coloured paper (construction paper or gift wrapping,scissors, Glue, tape or a stapler
A piece of strong cardboard for each of the girls (for example from a cereal box), which needs to be about 15cm x 15cm. Two bottle tops for each participant. (5 cent coins can be used instead of bottle tops but it is easier to make music with bottle tops) ,Glue
• Fold a rectangular piece of paper in half, making a long thin rectangle.
• Make a series of cuts (about a dozen or more) along the fold line.
• Don’t cut all the way to the edge of the paper.
• Unfold the paper.
• Glue or staple the short edges of the paper together.
• Cut a strip of paper 6 inches long and ½ inch wide.
• Glue or staple this strip of paper across one end of the lantern – this will be the handle of the lantern
• Fold the cardboard in half.
• Glue the bottle tops to the inside of the cardboard; one on each side.
• When the glue has dried the castanets will click when pressed together sharply. Practice using the castanets with the girls.
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No
- IGG Senior Branch Global Awareness
- IGG Senior Branch Global Awareness Choice Challenges
- senior Branch
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements