Take part in a fire drill at your meeting.
Aim of Badge: To build awareness of fire safety.
This Badge has 10options of which 10 must be completed
• Fire drills are essential in any building or campsite for practicing what to do in the event of a fire
• Fire drills are an opportunity to practice evacuation procedures to make sure all are familiar with them
• They get Guides used to exiting a building/campsite quickly and therefore in a real-life situation panic will be reduced, as everyone will know what they need to do
• Fire drills are also useful for testing escape routes to evaluate their effectiveness
• Before running a Unit Fire Drill refresh information about fire exits with the group
• If unit has use of a portable alarm use it or shout ‘FIRE’ and then follow fire exit procedure
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the fire drill
Attachments/Template needed for activity?