Game to introduce grid referencing to beaver scouts from Matt Pillings.
Tape or rope (to mark out two large grids on the floor)
Cones or something to mark already fired squares
Clipboard with A4 paper showing grid and references including NSEW
1. Mark out 2 grids on the floor which can't see each other, split colony in half, each beaver stands in a grid square of their choice.
2. Teams take it in turns to call out a grid square, if anyone on the other team is standing there its a hit and the beaver sits down (still in their square) they should mark hits on the paper also. Cross for a hit and shade square for already called.
3. Cones used to remember which squares you have already fired at.
- Navigator - 4 compass points
- Navigator - 4-figure reference
- Teamwork - Team game