As part of UK Parliament Week and Youth Shaped Scouting.
The Colony will hold a Log Chew to decide on what they want to do next term. They will then get to vote on their favourite.
Explain to the Beavers the purpose of the evening so they get to understand the basics of how we vote for our local MP and how MP's vote in Parliament.
1. In their Lodges, with the help of a Leader or Young Leader discuss what sort of things they would like to do next term.
2. From the list each Lodge has to decide on their top 3 ideas and why they want to do them and present their 3 and to the Colony.
3. While this is happening each Lodges Ideas are added to the "Ballot" paper
4. Once each Lodge has presented their case give each Beaver a "Ballot" paper and one at a time send them to the " Ballot" booth to cast their vote for their favourite the ballot paper is then placed in the Ballot Box
5. While the Beavers play a game the Votes are counted
6. Report the results back to the Beavers
7. Point out to the Beavers, that the Leaders will do their best to organise the activity, that just like in real politics this may not happen and that something that is promised may not happen
- log Chew
- Parliament week
- Youth Shaped Scouting
- Teamwork - Log Chew