IGG Ladybirds Activity Money Matters
Getting to know the Irish currency (Know the Irish currency)
Pictures of Irish currency - coins and notes (see below)
Ladybirds should leave this activity with an understanding of the Irish currency and about earning and spending money.
• Before the Ladybirds arrive, hang up the pictures of the currency around the room.
• After you have opened your meeting, give the Ladybirds a chance to walk around the room and look at all the coins and notes.
• When they have seen all the coins and notes, bring them back as a group.
• Ask the girls:
1. What did you notice about the pictures?
2. Which pictures were familiar?
3. Were any unfamiliar?
4. How do you get money?
5. What do you do with your money?
Some Ladybirds may receive pocket money and some may receive money for holidays or birthdays, or from the tooth fairy. For those who receive pocket money, ask them how they earn it. This may be earned through chores and they can save it or buy things for themselves. You can also ask the girls about how their parents or other adults earn money. This discussion may help to get ideas flowing before they start the next activities.
- money matters
- Trefoil News
- Trefoil News Autumn 2017
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements