Flat Bread Making
Flat Bread Recipe of making Flat Breads in a pan
Hob, Frying pan or Griddle
30 g self-raising flour
30 g natural yoghurt
Write your name on the back of your baking paper
1. Add all the flatbread ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon, then use clean hands to pat and bring everything together.
2. Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough.
3. Knead for a minute or so to bring it all together (this isn’t a traditional bread recipe, so you don’t need to knead it for long – just enough time to bring everything together).
4. With your hands, pat and flatten the dough to about 12cm round and roughly 2mm to 3mm thick.
5. Use a knife to cut 6 lines into the centre, leaving about 3cm at each end.
6. Place the griddle pan on a high heat, then once hot, cook each one for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until bar-marked and puffed up, turning with tongs.
- Skills - Cake