Using canes and a knowledge of knots and lashings, search out a valuable dinosaur egg and transport it over obstacles to get it safely back to base.
1 large melon per team
Items for an obstacle course - hoops, benches, cones etc
- Purchase a large melon per group and hide them around the playing area
- Supply each group with a selection of canes (or suitable wood if available) and sisal type rope along with clues where to find their dinosaur egg
- The groups locate their egg and build a carrying device which will transport the egg safely to base without them holding it
- Once ready, with at least two holding the device they negotiate an obstacle course ensuring that the 'egg' does not fall off until they reach the end
- The melons can then be cut up and eaten as a refreshing reward!
- Pioneer - Indoors
- Pioneer - Knots
- Skills - Problem solving
- Teamwork - Goal
- Teamwork - Team-building