Build a Chair using lashings, and race the chair with a scout onboard for a distance of 50m, each scout in turn changes places until all scouts have been on the chair.
Pioneering Poles, or as a twist you could get the scouts hunting for poles
Each partol is to build a chair that is suitable to carry each scout in turn a distance of 50m.
1. Patrol builds a chair using lashings
2. Leader inspects the knots (just for safety)
3. Each scout takes it in turn to sit on the seat and be carried 50m, swap over the scout and carry on going until each scout has been on the chair.
Note. if the knots start to fall apart the patrol must stop and redo the knots.
- knots and lashings
- Creative - Construction
- Creative - Problem solving
- Fitness - Physical Challenge
- Outdoor - Pioneering
- Pioneer - Indoors
- Pioneer - Knots
- Pioneer - Outdoors
- Scouting Skills - Equipment
- Scouting Skills - Equipment returned
- Scouting Skills - Pioneering