Come Dine with Me
Pack of rice.
Divide into teams, place a pile of dry rice in the centre of the room.
- One at a time, ask each team to collect as many grains as possible for their own rice bank from the centre of the room using chopsticks, carrying only one grain at a time.
- At the end of the time given (for example, five minutes), each team's rice is counted and the one with the most grains win.
A twist on this game:
- Divide your Explorers into teams.
- Give each team an area, say, the length of your Scout hut and 200 grains of rice for their rice bank.
- The challenge is for each team to move their rice bank to the opposite side of the room using chopsticks and only moving one grain at a time. Give them a time limit and see how many grains they can move in that time limit
members.scouts.org.uk pol 64629