IGG SPECIAL FOCUS BADGE LADYBIRD SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL THREE, GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING Option 01
1. Listen to the story of “How do you wrap that?”
How Do You Wrap That Story Book
17 SDG Squad posters
Aim of Badge
A. To introduce the SDGs to Ladybirds using the ‘How do you wrap that?’ storybook and posters
B. Learn about the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle
C. Work towards gaining the Interest Badge Ladybird Medicine Safety
This Badge has 7 options of which the first option(story) plus 4 other options must be completed
HOW DO YOU WRAP THAT?
The storybook and cartoon characters posters take Ladybirds on a journey to discover the 17 most precious gifts in the world- the United Nations Sustainable Developments Goals. Full of whimsical rhymes and engaging illustrations, How Do You Wrap That? Is the perfect way for you to empower the Ladybird and help them to become the generation who transform our world.
• Read the story to the Ladybirds
• Introduce the SDG Squad (posters) a unique set of 17 cartoon characters who represent each of the goals
• The characters will help Ladybirds learn about issues central to the SDG
• Ask the Ladybirds which goal they would choose to give the world?
• Chat about how making the smallest change, each of the Ladybirds can be a part of making the world a happier, healthier place for everyone
How Do You Wrap That? Reproduced by IGG with the permission of the author Erin Wicking www.howdoyouwrapthat.com.au
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes
Copy of Book and Posters were sent to each Ladybird Unit UCP Feb 2018
- Branch Weekend 2018
- Erin Wicking
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- how do you wrap that?
- IGG Ladybirds
- SDG Squad
- special focus
- story book
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- Trefoil News Spring 2018
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements