IGG Guide Crafts for Fun
Mother's Day and Valentine's Day Button Frame
Red buttons assorted sizes
Thin red ribbon
Large heart template
Small heart template
This activity can be made at any time of the year as a keepsake, for example for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, as a Christmas tree decoration etc.
Give each Patrol a copy of the visual ‘how to make’ diagram (see overleaf) and sufficient material to complete the craft.
• Using the large heart template, cut out a heart from both the white card and red card.
• Using the smaller template, place it on top of the red heart. Draw around the heart and cut out the centre to create a frame.
• Place the photograph on the white heart and behind the red heart to make sure it fits the frame.
• When satisfied with the fit, trim the edges of photo and stick to the white heart.
• Now stick the red heart on top to complete photo frame.
• Arrange and glue buttons around the frame to cover it. A good variety of sizes of buttons works well but make sure they fit in together and don’t leave spaces or gaps.
• Make a bow from the red ribbon and stick to top of frame.
• Use the white ribbon to make a hanger at the back of the frame.
• Red buttons work well for Valentine’s or Mother’s Day but a variety of colours can be used alternatively for spring or summer crafts.
Trefoil News Spring 2018
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes 3 pages
- arts and crafts
- crafts for fun
- mothers day
- photo frame
- Trefoil News
- Trefoil News Spring 2018
- valentines day
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements