No. 3. Good Health and Well-being (Activity 2 The UV Game)
Body safe UV paint, washable paint,
Cleaning materials e.g. Water Wipes
Aim Please refer to Leaders introduction (IGG Guide Special Focus No 3 (Leaders Introduction to Activities)
The UV Game
To show how germs are passed on by touch method:
Guides will love UV paint that glows in the dark.
• The Guides each write their name on a piece of paper
• Put UV paint on fingertips and mark paper with UV paint
• The pages are then passed around the room and each girl make a mark with her fingerprint on the other pages
• Hands are then cleaned and checked with UV light
• Touch can then be discussed
Discuss the importance of good hygiene, in the home, at school, at your meeting place.
Discuss the importance to our health of washing our hands and how to wash hands correctly-wash hands and recheck with UV light
Discuss what germs are and how they can be passed on.
Discuss how we can help prevent the spread of germs, e.g. washing our hands, covering our mouths when coughing or sneezing, using a hanky/tissue to blow our nose and disposing of it properly.
Extend to keeping household surfaces clean etc.
IGG GAT Pack
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No