IGG SPECIAL FOCUS Guide Sustainable Development Goal 03 (SDG’S)
No. 3. Good Health and Well-being (Activity 5 Stop, think and decide to say NO to drugs)
Articles and pictures related to any form of substance abuse
A3 size card
Aim Please refer to Leaders introduction (IGG Guide Special Focus No 3 (Leaders Introduction to Activities)
Stop, Think and decide to say NO to Drugs
The WAGGGS Drug Awareness Code says ‘Stop, think and decide to say NO to drugs’ Make a short advertisement to promote this
This activity helps to raise Guides’ awareness of substance abuse and to look at how the media portray Alcohol, Drugs and Tobacco
• Ask the girls to collect pictures and articles relating to any form of substance abuse.
• Ask them to make a poster of their findings. (This could be done in advance over the previous week).
• Each Patrol should display their posters and discuss their findings (see discussion points).
• From their findings ask them to write a 60 second public service advertisement that is against substance abuse.
• When they are writing this advertisement, they should think of the points below to help them.
• To whom the advertisement is directed?
• The image portrayed e.g. romantic, macho, athletic, and glamorous.
• What need is being addressed?
• Is it a realistic portrayal of life?
Health Promotion Pack, January 2003
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No
- Branch Weekend 2018
- drug awareness
- IGG SPECIAL FOCUS Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’S)
- Interest Badge Guide Drug Awareness
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements