IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Cultural Diversity Option 04
4. Take part in games/activities that will help identify the feelings of being included/excluded (Gingerbread Man identify the feelings)
Before undertaking this option please completed
Interest Badge Brownie Cultural Diversity (Gingerbread Man)
Aim of Badge
To develop an awareness and appreciation of cultures other than our own.
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
• This activity is designed to be used in conjunction with Option 1 activity (Gingerbread Man) similarities/differences
• Explain to Brownies that this activity is about inclusion and exclusion.
• That is, it only a game to show how people feel sad if they are excluded and happy if they are included.
Complete (Gingerbread man) activity
each Brownie holding their own gingerbread man
Call out a number of statements relating to the gingerbread men
a. All Brownies whose gingerbread man has a red head, say something negative to them: I don’t like the colour of your hair
b. All Brownies whose gingerbread man has a pink arm, come forward: give them a compliment – I like the way you wear your hair
c. All Brownies whose gingerbread man has brown left sock: tell them they cannot watch television tonight
d. All Brownies whose gingerbread man has middle is green: tell them they don’t have to do homework all week
e. Make up further statements, with positive and negative, including/excluding comments
f. Make your last statement a positive one that will include all Brownies, In a positive way. All Brownies whose gingerbread man is colourful: shout out: I AM SPECIAL, I AM UNIQUE.
At the end of the activity ask the Brownies what it was like being excluded from the activity or receiving a negative comment and what it was like to receive a positive comment and being included.
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No
- Branch Weekend 2018
- Interest Badge Brownie Cultural Diversity
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements